Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tell Me Again Why I Should Care

I heard the grim news in passing today. From many sources. It's everywhere. You cannot avoid it. Even if you wanted to.
The death toll has surpassed 2,000 for Americans in Iraq.
I say this. Why have they died?
Do not patronize me and tell me it is so that Iraq can have a constitution.
Because, frankly, I don't care. I could care less if they ruled themselves by constitution, Torah, or "paper rock scissors". I just don't care.
And also do not presume to tell me this is so we can win the war on terror. There is no "war on terror". If there was really a war of that kind, they would be outlawing religion right now. But they are not, and the war on terror is their excuse to make their pockets deep with money.
For one thing, calling something a war means that there is a way to achieve victory. There is no way to "win" the so called war on terror. To win you have to "beat" the other side and have them see that your way is the right way.
The other side in this war on terror will never concede. They will never see any other way than their way.
The only way to win this "war" is to commit genocide. Leave absolutely no remnant alive.
And with genocide, there is no winner. There are only losers.
So, to continue to call this a war is wrong. Let's call it what it is.
It is a conflict of differing opinions.
The other side believes that their "god" gives them absolute authority to kill others who do not believe their ways.
"Our" side believes that their "god" gives them absolute authority to kill others who do not believe their ways.
Well, when I say it like that it makes them sound similar. The difference comes when I mention who the "god" is of each side.
Allah vs Money (God for the sake of the Christians)
Allah vs infidels.
Money vs terrorists.
Call it what you will. I will simply call it a waste of 2,000 soldiers lives.
As I said earlier, I do not care about Iraq. I care about America.
If we really cared about America we would be spending the 80 billion dollars every so often on security measures over here. Not over there.
Local money for local folks.
That is all for now.
Let me know what you think Earth.

No comments: