Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Series Of Things That Are Pissing Me Off Pt 2

Here is another in a long list of things that I do not like.
This time I am going to talk about the political process. Specifically, campaign finance.
I agree with the intent of the McCain-Feingold Finance Law. I do not think that it goes far enough.
I think that you ought to eliminate all money from the process. People should receive free air time to air why they should be elected. No negative ads.
I just get sick and tired of hearing these people bitch and moan about their theory that "money = free speech". How much bulls**t do they think we can take? Do they honestly think that we are that stupid?
In essence, what they are trying to tell us is that your opinion only matters if you have money. So, my opinion matters more than some homeless person, but WAY less than an affluent person.
Mind you, at this point, my opinion is only very slightly higher than a homeless person.
I guarantee you anything, that if money were taken out of the equation, 95% of senators and congresspersons would quit their jobs. They are hypocrites.
Need I point out anything more than the problems that Bill Frist and Tom DeLay are in right now? Whether or not you like them, you have to agree that if money were not part of the picture, then there would be no problem. But instead, these people come to your house, poop on your floor, and tell you that the other side is out to get them.
Well, you know what? I do not give much of a damn about the other side either. Fix your own problems. Do not ever come to me and try to tell me that everything you are involved in is the product of some "activist judge" or "activist lawyer". Shut the hell up.
But getting back to the money issue. I know there are people who are pessimistic and say that money will never be taken out. I try to look at the possibility of money not being an issue.
Again, I want to vote FOR someone.
Maybe one of these days I might get around to actually running for a position. Who knows? At least then I could vote FOR someone. And I could do it without taking money or bribes from anyone. What a noble concept.

No comments: