Wednesday, June 22, 2005

AFI Top 100 Movie Quotes

So, I watched that show last night. I was intrigued by all of the different quotes. I even found myself hearing certain quotes and thinking, "Oh, that's where that quote came from." However, the show did leave me feeling a little dissapointed.
There were not that many quotes from non-mainstream movies. There are many many several quotes that are more famous than some of the ones that they listed.
Some of the quotes I have never heard nor do I recognize the significance of some of the quotes.
So, I have decided to take it upon myself to start a new list of famous quotes. Because I believe that good quotes were omitted. At this point I would normally ask for help in adding to my list of good quotes from other people reading this blog, but I do believe that I am the only one who is reading this anyway. But, I will go forth anyway.
I am going to try and use films that are not necessarily mainstream. Now, they can be. But, I am trying to add to the AFI's list. I will say the actor/actress and the name of the movie if at all possible. And, since I appear to be alone I will have to rely upon myself to correct any errors below.
Here we go:

"I'm you're huckleberry." - Val Kilmer - Tombstone

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." - Mandy Pitinkin - Princess Bride

"Luke, I am your father." David Prowse (James Earl Jones) - The Empire Strikes Back

"Never leave your wingman." - Anthony Edwards - Top Gun

"I'm Batman." - Michael Keaton, Christian Bale - Batman, Batman Begins

"I have a bad feeling about this." - Too many actors and actresses to name - Every Star Wars movie

"KAHN!!!!" - William Shatner - Star Trek II

"You die first. Your friends may get me in a rush but not before I make your head into a canoe." - Kurt Russell - Tombstone

"I may not be able to carry the ring Mr Frodo, but I can carry you!" - Sean Astin - The Lord Of The Rings - The Return Of The King

No comments: