Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'm Back

Well, here I am. I prefer not to be rocked like a hurricane, though.

Recently I picked up a new computer game. It is called Lord of The Rings Online, LOTRO for short. It is the newest in the genre of Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, MMORPG, more commonly referred to as MMO.

The only other online game that I have played is World of Warcraft. So, in comparing the two I have found some similarities and some differences.

For one thing, the leveling pace seems slower in LOTRO. In the same amount of time that it took me to hit level 15 in WoW I was maybe level 7 or so in LOTRO. This is not a bad thing necessarily. It just takes some getting used to.

Also, the crafting system is different. No longer do you get "skill-ups" just by mining the veins or gathering the wood. You, instead, get your skill points from smelting the ore or treating the wood.

The color of items in LOTRO is different than in WoW. In WoW, "purple" items were the epic items that required running through high end dungeons in order to get. In LOTRO, they have given just random drops from creatures the purple color. I am convinced that this was a cruel joke implemented just to torture the WoW people. I'm not saying I'm not laughing with it. I am.

In LOTRO I am also in a kinship called Exile. A kinship is the same thing as a guild in WoW. We called it Exile because it seemed appropriate. The few members that we have so far all have come from WoW. We were all in the same guild as well.

Well, that is all for now. I will write more later.

1 comment:

tbc3 said...

Hello I couldn't find a way to contact you any other way. I play Anachronism and live in the east end. give me a shout sometime if you want to duel.