Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Series Of Things That Are Pissing Me Off Pt 1

Hey there. I told you that I was gonna start writing some posts that do not deal with Anachronism. Well, here goes.
In honor of one of my all time favorite comedians, George Carlin, I am proud to start a running tally of a, "Series of Things That Are Pissing Me Off" posts

I will start today with the explosion that has occurred from the recent statements by Pat Robertson.

On Monday, Robertson said on the Christian Broadcast Network's The 700 Club, "We have the ability to take him (Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez) out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator, he continued. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.
You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it, Robertson said. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop.

I am willing to look past the fact that Patty is a blithering and complete idiot. What gets me is the fact that people listen to him and believe him. They believe him because, like the president now, he is hiding behind the veil of Christianity. People actually think he is a good person. What are these people frakking stupid? What level of self delusion do you have to achieve in order to look at Patty and think to yourself, "That's my kind of guy"?

Now, people who know me know my various stances, and are quite familiar with the one I am about to take. They know it quite well. I do have a propensity for stating it many times. Usually too many times. But dammit, it just gets me so frakking mad sometimes. The situations. Not my friends. My friends are awesome.

One of those stances involves religion. I do not like, nor do I agree with religion. It is at this point that I make one quick but very big distinction. I draw a HUGE line between faith and religion. I have and probably will always take issue with religion. I in no way come between a person and their faith. Faith is a very personal thing. Religion in and of itself is man made and inherently faulty and ill conceived. Yet, people are willing to kill you and blow themselves up in the name of religion. I say this because Patty is speaking on behalf of his religion. Christianity.
Well, let me say this. If he is Christian and Christianity is proud to have him, then frak Christianity. I want nothing to do with him or his "teachings".

I have faith. Do I believe that there is a higher "being" out there? Sure. Does this being have a name like Buddha or God? Allah? I doubt it. And you know what? I don't care. My higher level of thought does not need a name. All that is required is that I accept the fact that there is a higher level of consciousness.
I do not need to follow a strict way of acting. I do not need to appease the "Big Electron". I do not believe in a vain insecure god.

Well, I am starting to meander now. I will go ahead and end this post now.
I know my thoughts are all over the place now. I am tired. I have school tomorrow.

No comments: